Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Merge Your Account

I read in a book titled "Believing Christ" about the process of becoming perfect. Well guess what, no one on this earth is perfect! Not your mom (although very close), your spouse, your bishop, or even the prophet. Jesus Christ is the only perfect person to walk the earth. We beat ourselves up trying to become perfect, but what we don't realize is that it's not us that does the perfecting. It's our Savior, Jesus Christ. We have to turn ourselves over to him. What's ours is his, and what's his is mine. My will, my sins, my imperfections, my heart, all of that is his. Perfection and the kingdom of God are mine. But we must merge our accounts for any of this to happen. Think of it as a checking account. I'm awful with money, anyone who knows me can tell you that. So let's say I'm in the negative, not too much of a far stretch. Well Christ is always in the positive. His assets are limitless, while I'm full of liabilities. So without him, I'm in trouble. But once I merge my account with his and take His name upon myself, my "account" is immediately in the positive. I am perfect. So perfection in our sense doesn't mean without sin, but it's what's in our heart. Do we thirst for righteousness? That is all we can do. And what do we do when we are thirsty? We go get a drink! So let's drink up the Gospel and go about bringing forth much righteousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment